Failure is hard to accept and undoubtedly harms the ego. Its impact does not change even though there are lots of stories of failures out there from the most successful people. Everyone handles mishaps differently, and you might not be the one who can easily shrug it off.
The worse thing that can happen is these mistakes stopping you from reaching your full potential. Do not be too hard, and forgive yourself. It will not be the first and last time that you will encounter failures. Along the way in this journey, you will still make bad decisions.
Some people might say that it is not okay to commit mistakes especially if it can affect your life to the extremes. However, you must remember that everything that happens in the world is the result of everyone’s actions and decisions.
You can’t undo things, but you can learn from them and be better. The goal here is not to repeat the same mistake and make sure to have the best life decisions more than the bad ones.
If you are still not convinced yet that failure will help you grow as a person, here are some real-life reminders:
- Failure urges you to learn – when you fail, it is normal to be afraid to try again. It is so easy to succumb to your inhibitions. However, do you want to stay on the ground? The answer is an obvious no, so there is no other option but to get up. It is okay to be cautious; it means you are learning not to act impulsively and think things through.
- Failure will send you out of your comfort zone – everyone wants comfort; it can be at home or any convenience outside of it. Who likes to struggle in the first place, right? So there you go, the universe getting you out of the box and in the vast ocean of reality. Failure makes you see things you have not seen before.
- Failure ignites the fire even brighter – it is human instinct to get up after the fall. It is innate to take revenge when you feel aggravated. However, consider that avenge to better yourself. If failure makes you mad to the world, then show it that you are a phoenix that can burn into ashes and rise again.
- Failure helps you recognize your weakness – most people do not want to acknowledge their weakness as if it is tabooed. You are human; you have your limits, too. Once you realize what these limitations are; you can work your way on how to overcome it. It is when your weakness can turn into strengths. No one else can do it for you.
- Failures make you appreciate your success – how many times have you taken things for granted? Everyone is guilty of that, so do not be ashamed of it. By acknowledging these flaws, you are allowing yourself to tend to them. No one is perfect, but everyone can be a little better.
Some lessons are better to experience on your own than to learn it from others. When someone tells you their failures; it is best to remember and do your best not to let it happen to you.
However, there are things that you do not have control over, so learn how to accept the circumstances, too.